Ok, if you are going to call me on it, it took 7 minutes, but hey, who is counting! So I’m not generally known as a morning person (understatement of the year! If you want something done before 10am – do not ask me).
I will do almost anything to get an extra 5 minutes shut-eye in the mornings! (bribery, tantrums and just plain ignoring the boy when he tells me to get up). This includes getting ready to leave the house at the speed of light if I need to!! Hence, me mastering The Five Minute Face!
Here is my first video-blog (I think the cool cats call the vlogs, but I have issues saying that with a straight face) – please don’t laugh at me putting my makeup on backwards (or at the bit where I get mascara all over my face)
I hope this helps you get the extra 5 minutes sleep in the morning too
Ok so here are the products and tools I used to help create my ‘face’ – these are just items I have in my make-up bag, I’m sure you have something similar in yours…..
A small selection of my daily ‘war paint’ haha
1 & 2. Napoleon blush & Manicure blush brush
3. Angled makeup brush (used for my eyebrows)
4 & 5. Stila 3-colour eye shadow (I use the mid-brown for my eyebrows) and eyebrow/eyelash brush and comb (use this to clean up your eyebrows before adding powder or gel)
6. Small angled make-up brush (I use this to apply black shadow to my lashline rather than using eyeliner)
7. Eye shadow brush (for eye shadow application over the whole eye lid)
8. Napoleon Perdis 4-pack of eye shadow (I use the top two colours, pink (lids) and cream (highlighting brow bone) less that the black and brown below – both great for lining my eyes along the lashline)
9. Napoleon Perdis eye shadow in taupe (this is a GREAT base colour when you don’t want to have to think too much or do much contouring or layering of colours)
10. M.A.C mascara – this stuff is amazing! SO black – layers up well
11 & 12. Large powder brush (great for a top coat of powder) and Napoleon Perdis ‘Camera Finish’ pressed powder (great for taking the shine off your face)
13. Garnier BB Cream (saving the best for last! This stuff is gold! Moisturiser, concealer, suncreen and skin even-outter in one!)
And no, I’m NOT sponsored by Napoleon Perdis … I just happen to have quite a lot….. maybe I need to be….