Guys. I’m totally jealous of you right now!
As many of you know, jumpsuits are like my favourite thing almost ever. And there are SOOOOO many nice ones around at the moment, for every shape and size. But with an ever-expanding, baby-growing waist, I’m struggling to get into them right now (insert crying face emoji).
That time a jumpsuit still fit me – This is the “Tash” tie waist jumpsuit from Max on sale for $104.99
BUT, that doesn’t mean I can’t share the love with you (I just might mean that I can’t show them to you on me haha!).
Ive got 10 of my favourite jumpsuits (and a bonus playsuit or two – the one with shorts) to show you, plus some expert tips on what to look for if you’re not sure if jumpsuits are the thing for you.
WHERE TO FIND YOUR PERFECT JUMPSUIT:
1. That Shop In Doreen “Ocean” jumpsuit $65.00 (AUD)
2. Seed Heritage tassel detail playsuit $169.90
3. Mister Zimi Primrose print “Matlida” jumpsuit $180.00 (AUD)
4. Feather & Noise “Peta” jumpsuit in black $75.00 (AUD)
5. Esprit flamingo print jumpsuit $119.95 (AUD)
6. Gorman faux jumpsuit (this is actually a top and pants) Top: Gorman canvas silk cami $169.00 + Pants: Gorman canvas silk pants $249.00
7. Glassons linen blend jumpsuit $59.99^
8. H&M hot pink playsuit $49.99
9. Asos 40’s tea jumpsuit with sleeve detail $79.00
10. Sacha Drake “Solange” jersey jumpsuit $249.00 (AUD)
11. Boho Bird “Romance Me” jumpsuit from Birdsnest Online $129.95 (AUD)
12. Smash “Pons” overalls from Birdsnest Online $129.95 (AUD)
EXPERT STYLING TIPS:
1. Try on MORE THAN ONE!
Don’t hate on the jumpsuit if you’ve tried one and it didn’t work! if you really want to rock the jumpsuit trend, try a few different styles, sizes and fabrics.
2. Go up a size if you need to.
I often go up a size just to get the extra fit through the body. Most jumpsuits have a waist tie, or elastic waist, so you have a bit of flexibility in fit.
3. If you’re not sure, start with black.
It’s safe. It’s hard to even tell it’s a jumpsuit
4. Go Faux!
Like the Gorman set above, if you can’t find the perfect jumpsuit, why not make your own? By choosing separates you can style together, you can get the fit just right and also wear the pieces separately for bonus versatility in your wardrobe.
5. Style it to suit you.
Maybe you need to add a different belt, or roll the pants up a little, or add a heel or wedge. If you’re not 100% sure it’s working on you, a few tweaks can definitely take it to 110%!
Jumpsuits are one of those things that I know can appear scary, but really – what is the worst that will happen if you try one on? Is the sky going to fall in? Nope. If it doesn’t suit, just take it off.
So many personal styling clients and readers tell me that they don’t suit a jumpsuit, yet once they try, they find out they actually do!
So you’re style challenge this week is to go and try on a few jumpsuits (only if it’s a style you want to try though! Not everyone has to wear every trend remember!). Then come back and let me know how you go!
I can’t wait to hear!!
Until Next Time, In Love & Style Always,