One of the things I love about living in Auckland is that there really are four seasons. You know when it’s hot, and you certainly know when it’s cold!
I, for the first time in my life, actually “put away” my summer clothes (I’m from Queensland ok?! You can totally wear summer clothes all year around, just with a cardigan in winter).
And it’s not just my clothes that change with the seasons, but my hair and make-up routine do too. So I wanted to share with you some of the things that I pull out of my Winter Beaty Bag, maybe you’ll find something useful for your Winter beauty routine too.
1. EmerginC tinted facial sunblock $85 from SkinPerfector – this is by far the most expensive sunscreen I’ve ever bought, but I trust my amazing beautician who recommended it to me, not only to protect my scar from my recent stack, but as an all-year-around daily sun block.
It contains natural zinc oxide and titanium doxide – these both provide a physical sun block as well as moisturise and nourish your skin, particularly as it ages.
2. Grown Alchemist persian rose & argan extract intensive hand cream $29.95 – the smell alone gets you. This intense hand cream sits by my computer everyday and is the perfect lotion for keeping your mits in tip top shape over winter.
3. Palmers Coco Butter Body Butter approx $20 at pharmacies and supermarkets everywhere – this is the richest moisturiser I’ve ever had and I only use it in Winter. It’s intense, mask-like feel is great for giving your body back the moisture is looses over Winter-time. Apply when you’ve just stepped out of the shower.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder from Mecca Cosmetica $72 – want to keep that summer glow going through Winter? I LOVE this finishing powder over my foundation or BB cream in Winter as it gives me that subtle glow without the bronzer (I have the Etheral Glow colour).
5. Estée Lauder Resilience Lift Radiance Oil RRP $133 – You know how much I love an oil (especially since my poor face is recovering from a fall, and 7 stitches) so I’m trying them all! This lovely product heals and moisturises the skin so it’s great for scaring, but also just for that extra boost in Winter.
6.Smashbox “Posey Pink” Be Legendary Lipstick $45 – I love this soft, subtle shade of pink for Winter. Sometimes a bright colour is good for pepping you up, but also find, when my skin is lighter, that a more subtle colour works well too.
Oh and I doubly love it because it was my wedding colour 🙂
7. ghd platinum hair styler RRP $360 – it’s smaller, lighter, more effective and better for your hair than any other straightener out there. Apparently the trick is heating the hair to just the right temperature, which stops frizzing and damage – perfect in Winter when hair can be more brittle.
8. OMG tea from $35 package of 28 – this detox tea helps with metabolism and digestion, which I find are even more important in Winter when instinct is to drink more coffee and hot chocolate. So while I still have a morning coffee, I switch to OMG tea for the rest of the day to help my body get through the Winter months. Plus the packaging is SO cute! (marketer’s dream right here people)
9. Essano Moisture Restorative Night Creme $19.99 – you know how much I love this brand, and I use this product every night during Winter. It’s heavy enough to give your skin back the moisture it needs, but light enough not to irritate oily skin like mine.
Check out this post to see what I really think about it.
Phew! It sounds like a long list when you look at it like that, but if you’re anything like me, sometimes it’s easy to get a little lazy in the Winter months with your hair and skin, but I’m trying to turn that around so come Summer, I’m good to go!
What are your fave beauty lotions and potions for Winter? Sharing is caring so don’t be scared to comment below!
Until Next Time, In Love & Style Always,