Sooooo today is my birthday – yay! But I’m not getting a present from The Boy today (booo!) no, don’t be sad, I got a pretty good one last year…. wanna see? Watch this……
So that happened on my birthday last year, this is what the ring looks like (plus I’m getting it’s matching mate next month!!)
Kinda hard to top – so I’m really ok with not getting much this year 😉 BUT I’ve still put together a wish list of the things I would LIKE to get for my birthday (and I suppose you can use it as a Christmas Gift Guide too if you want……)
SHOP THE WISHLIST….
1. ghd curve ‘classic wand’ $200: I LOVE the product – I was lucky enough to try it a few weeks back and my hair never looked better. The relaxed, beachy wave comes out just the way I like it (not to ringlet-y and not too loose) and it’s really easy to use.
2. Glasshouse Special Edition Megan Hess candle $58: Candles are officially the best presents in the world I think. They last, they add ambiance to any room, and they look really pretty too. I love everything Megan Hess does (she’s an amazing fashion illustrator) so combine her stunning illustration with my fave candles – what more could a girl want!
3. Senso heels from The Iconic $295: I’ve got the black, and now I want the white. These senso heels are SUPER-comfy, and super stylish, and I LOVE white, so these have gone straight to the top of my wish list!
4. A years worth of facials from Caroline Hailstone at Skin Perfector (poa): now I must admit, I’ve actually been doing this for a year already in the lead up to the wedding, but I’m trying to think of any excuse to keep it going for another year (and another year, and another). Not only is Caroline lovely to spend time with, she is incredibly knowledgeable and looks at what you skin needs on any given day rather than just doing the ‘usual’ – she has got my skin wedding-ready so comes highly recommended if you are in Auckland.
5. Maiko Nagao print from Collected $65: This is just one of those things you never think to buy for yourself (well maybe you don, but I don’t haha!) so is always nice to receive (or give) as a gift. What a gorgeous print to hang in a home office, bedroom or living room.
So that’s what I’d like for my birthday, but how about something for YOU my gorgeous readers – after all, giving is more fun than receiving (except last year, it was pretty good to receive that present)
The gorgeous team at Essano skincare have given me FIVE packs (containing their awesome exfoliator and divine rosehip oil, both of which I’ve been using) to give away to five lucky readers.
TO WIN – simply tell me about YOUR BEST birthday present ever given or received – answer in the comments below
Until Next Time,
In Love & Style (and birthdays always)
Competition terms and conditions: open to NZ residents only. Comp will be drawn on Friday Dec 26th at 5pm – winner will be contacted via email and have 3 days to reply otherwise prize will be re-drawn.